Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello blogging world!

Hi again!  So it's been a couple months since I've blogged.  It's been an unplanned hiatus, but I plan on doing a quick recap on life since April!  

On April 6th, Henry turned 1 year old!  We had a big party for him with a Thomas the Train theme.  We had two different kinds of cupcakes.

 As of his birthday, he was not walking on his own yet, but between 12 and 13 months old he took off, and he's been an exclusive walker since.  He's gotten to be quite adventurous like his older brother, climbing and running and wresting!
 In June, Aaron and I went on vacation to Cancun with my mom and dad.  Wyatt and Henry stayed with Grandma Cheri and Aunt Rachael in Iowa City.


 Wyatt's birthday was right after we got back from Cancun - we celebrated with some cake and presents at Grandma Cheri's house.
 Wyatt is 3 years old now!  Wow!  He is getting to be such a big boy.  Still working on being totally potty trained...  He has some accidents every now and then - I think partially due to being focused on playing, and partially due to being stubborn!  No diapers, but still a pull-up at bedtime.
 Wyatt requested a dinosaur birthday cake, so Grandma Cheri ordered him one for his party at her house.  On his birthday, he and I made some cupcakes and a mini cake that I put some dinosaur candles on. :)
 Aaron and I had a great time in Cancun together!  We enjoyed relaxing, eating lots of good food, and more relaxing!
 We hope to get away again some time in the future, maybe in a couple years???  :)

 Fourth of July was a fun time this year as well.  We went to the Shell Rock parade and Wyatt discovered that the more you wave, the more candy you get!
 Henry had the best seat on the street!

 And our latest birthday was Aaron's on the 11th of July.  He is 28 years old!  He requested "dirt" for his birthday dessert, and it was yummy!  (notice some leftover dinosaur candles... :) )
 And today is a pretty close to perfect Saturday!  Playing, relaxing, Daddy doing some work installing a water softener in the house.  Maybe our dishwasher will finally get our dishes clean!
 Well, hopefully I can keep up a little better on the blog.  I'm trying to keep up with things more... I've scheduled household stuff like "clean the bathroom" on Wednesday and "laundry and sweep the floors" on Thursday.  It worked pretty well this past week, so I'm going to try to keep doing it.  The depressing part is that I swept the floors last night, and already they are covered in dog hair.  Sigh.  Our next dogs will not be ones that shed!

1 comment: