Wednesday, October 1, 2014

30 days of thanks... and turning 30 soon

October is my birth month, and this October is a big milestone for me as I turn 30!  It also happens to be my golden birthday, since I turn 30 on the 30th.  I'm not sure what that means in regards to birthday presents (wink, wink, Aaron ;) ), but I know I want to make this a special start to my thirties.  So, each day of October I want to write about one thing I am thankful for in my 30 years of life.


#1 - This guy, my BFF, the love of my life... Aaron Brummer!

I am incredibly thankful that the stars aligned and God saw fit to put him in my life (even if I snubbed him the first time I met him.  I wasn't ready for him :) ).  I don't think there could be a better match for me.


He is an incredible chef and has patiently pushed me into trying new things.  If you knew me as a kid, I was an incredibly picky eater.  If it was green, I didn't like it.  In our 8+ years of marriage, he has been the primary cook, so I have tried many things and discovered that I like a lot more than I thought!  I will even eat mushrooms now, and that says a lot. :)  Recently we started something called Whole 30, and he has been waking up early every morning to cook me breakfast.  He speaks my love language! 


Aaron is a great dad - here he is teaching Wyatt how to ride his bike without training wheels.  That takes some major patience!  He has always been a hands-on dad - changing diapers, carrying the babies in his sling or Moby wrap, taking the boys to Lowes when Mommy needs a break, wrestling before bed, etc.  The boys have a great daddy to look up to.


He is my best friend, and I look forward to many more years together (Lord willing)!

No comments: