Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thank you for this food...


#2 - The food I get to eat

Aaron and I are in the midst of a 30 day challenge to eat whole, unprocessed foods.  It's been hard, for sure, but it has opened my eyes to many things.  The obvious observation is the junk that we were eating before - food that really isn't "food."  But it has also made me aware of the food that I don't get around to eating, then it goes bad, then I clean out the fridge/pantry and toss it in the garbage.  We used to buy groceries with good intentions, then get busy, order in, and get to the end of the week without eating the good things we bought.  It bothered me a little to throw out the spoiled things, but probably not enough.  When you really stop to think about it, many of us throw away more than some people have to eat in a week.  So, today I am thankful for the food that I get to eat because I live in America with plenty of access to nutritious foods, and I am working on eating what we buy!


No comments: