Thursday, April 7, 2011

Welcome Henry James!

So, here I am at 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant. This is right before we left to go to the hospital! It was a marathon day on Wednesday - we went in at 8 am, started pitocin at 8:45 am, my water was broken at 1:30 pm, and then Henry was born at 8:52 pm! A long day! I managed to have him without an epidural - though in the last hour I did ask for one and they were in the process of starting one when he was born! I scared the nurse, because when I told her I needed to push, his head was already showing! She screamed, ran to the hallway and yelled for the doctor. Three minutes later Henry arrived! :)

Henry James Manuel Barnes Brummer - 6 lb 13 oz., 21 inches long. Love at first sight!

I think he looks so much like Aaron!

Wyatt came today with my mom to meet Henry. He wasn't thrilled at first - he wanted to see Mommy and Daddy. After awhile he did warm up and touch and kiss Henry. Aaron took lots of pictures - I'll have to post more of those later when I get them from him.

A Hawkeye fan already! :) He is doing great - eating frequently and generally happy. We can't wait to go home tomorrow!

4 comments:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

Kyle and Conner are anxious to meet him. I showed them pictures and Conner says..YOu went to see him without me??? Mom! So I guess it isn't just Kyle!

Unknown said...

You did a great job! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet him and see you guys!

Mrs. Clark said...

You can tell Wyatt that Aunt Rachael wasn't all that thrilled at first either, but it turns out having a little brother is pretty cool. :)

Love you guys! Great pics- thanks for keeping us updated!

Brenden Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Without an epidural and being induced, I am proud of you lady!! :) He is a cutie!